Were you recently injured in a car accident with an Uber rideshare vehicle in Galveston, Texas? Call The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers. Our experienced Galveston Uber accident lawyers are ready to help you take a stand and fight to recover the compensation you need for your medical bills, lost wages, and other crash-related damages.
The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers is a leader in car accident in Galveston, TX. Since 2000, our award-winning Texas trial attorneys have helped crash victims take on powerful insurance companies and win over $500 million in cases such as Galveston car accidents, motorcycle accidents, Galveston truck accidents, pedestrian accidents, and more.
Now we’re ready to help you demand every cent you deserve after your Uber accident. Contact our Galveston, TX, law office at (409) 207-9299 to get started. A member of our team is always standing by to take your call and schedule a time for your free consultation.
How The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Uber Rideshare Accident in Galveston, TX
What caused your Uber accident? Is the Uber driver solely to blame? Can you sue Uber for the wreck? How much is your Uber accident case worth? How can you know if an insurance company’s settlement offer is reasonable?
You don’t have to answer these important questions on your own. Take this time to focus on getting better and turn to a trusted Galveston injury attorney for help.
When you choose The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers, you put a team of top-rated Texas litigators in your corner. You send a clear message to the negligent Uber driver, insurance companies, and other parties that you won’t be walking away with a penny less than your Uber accident case is worth.
You’ll also benefit from our compassionate representation and tried-and-true legal strategies.
Count on us to:
- Give you the opportunity to rest and recover while you take care of your legal claim
- Analyze property damage, vehicle maintenance records, toxicology reports, Uber app data, video recordings, witness statements, and other evidence obtained throughout the discovery process
- Launch an exhaustive inquiry into the details of your Uber accident
- Consult with experts and specialists
- Prepare a compelling legal claim that forces the insurance company to negotiate fairly and extend a fair settlement
- Represent you at trial in Galveston County, TX, if necessary
Uber accidents can be costly, and hiring a lawyer shouldn’t add to the financial stress you experience. At The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers, we work on contingency. We don’t get paid unless we settle or win your Uber accident case.
Call our law office in Galveston area to learn more. Your initial case evaluation is 100 percent free.
Can I Sue Uber If I Get Into an Accident With One of its Drivers?
Generally speaking, no. Uber drivers are independent contractors, not employees. As a result, the company is not vicariously liable for the negligence of its drivers. So, if you get into an accident with an Uber driver (or if your Uber driver gets into an accident), you probably can’t sue the rideshare company directly.
However, you do reserve the right to sue other parties – including the negligent Uber driver and/or other parties who contributed to your rideshare accident.
Additionally, Uber can still be held accountable for accidents involving its rideshare drivers. However, instead of a lawsuit, you’d have the opportunity to file a claim with the company’s insurance provider.
Who’s Liable for My Galveston Uber Accident?
Uber accidents happen for many different reasons – drunk driving, speeding, distracted driving, road rage, and unsafe turns.
Anyone whose negligence contributes to an Uber accident in the Galveston area can potentially be on the hook for resulting damages.
In Texas, insurance will be the primary source of compensation. The at-fault party’s insurance company will generally be responsible for the costs and consequences of your crash.
But whose insurance company pays?
The answer ultimately depends on what the Uber driver was doing at the time of the Uber accident.
For liability purposes, an Uber driver’s status falls into three categories.
- Off Duty. An Uber driver is considered off duty when they aren’t logged into the rideshare app and are not actively seeking work. In these situations, the Uber driver (and the Uber driver’s insurance company) is personally liable for accidents.
- Waiting for a Ride Request. The moment an Uber driver opens the app and begins actively seeking work, Uber’s limited insurance policy kicks in. If you get into an accident with a driver who is waiting for a ride request, you can file a claim against the driver’s insurance company and seek additional benefits from Uber’s provider.
- Accepted Ride Request. Uber has a $1 million insurance policy that becomes effective the moment a driver accepts a ride request. In these situations, you’d have the right to seek benefits from the at-fault driver and additional compensation from Uber’s million-dollar policy.
Uber’s insurance policies are secondary. You’ll need to exhaust any benefits available from the at-fault Uber driver’s policy first.
You may also have the opportunity to seek compensation from other liable parties, regardless of the Uber driver’s status, including property owners, third-party motorists, vehicle manufacturers, and pedestrians.
Common Uber Accident Injuries in Galveston, Texas
Accidents involving Uber rideshare vehicles can be catastrophic. Whether you’re a passenger in the back of an Uber, a bystander on the street, or the occupant of another vehicle, it’s possible to suffer serious, potentially-life changing injuries in these types of car accidents.
At The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re here to help you seek substantial compensation for all of your Uber accident injuries, including:
- Brain injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Degloving injury
- Broken bones
- Eye injury
- Nerve damage
- Chest injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death of a family member
Get to the closest hospital in the Galveston area after a rideshare accident, even if you don’t think you’ve been badly hurt. The sooner you get treatment, the stronger your claim for damages will be.
What Types of Damages Can I Get in a Galveston Uber Accident Claim or Lawsuit?
As the victim of an Uber accident in Galveston, you may have the right to file a claim or lawsuit seeking compensatory damages.
In Texas, compensatory damages offset verifiable financial costs associated with an Uber accident (economic damages) and make up for the harder-to-value trauma you experience (non-economic damages).
Through a successful legal claim, you can potentially get money for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Lost wages and earnings
- Property damage
- Current and future medical bills
The insurance company will fight to downplay your injuries and minimize the impact the Uber accident has had on your life. Our Uber accident attorneys in Galveston will fight for you at every turn. We’ll dig deep into the details of your crash, gather crucial evidence, enlist the help of experts, and build a compelling legal claim that forces fair negotiations. Our personal injury law firm will do everything possible to get you the financial award you need and deserve.
Can I Recover Compensation for an Uber Accident in Texas if I’m Being Blamed?
There’s a chance that you’ll be blamed – at least in part – for your Uber accident. This is particularly true if you were in another vehicle. In Texas, these tactics can have a direct impact on your ability to recover compensation.
Texas is a modified comparative negligence state. There’s a strict 51 percent bar to recovery.
Simply put, you can’t recover compensation from a third party if your liability for an Uber accident is greater than 50 percent. You can recover a reduced award if your liability is equal to or less than 50 percent.
Your damages are subject to reduction. If you’re 10 percent to blame for a Galveston Uber accident, your financial award will be reduced by 10 percent.
Our Uber accident lawyers in Galveston, TX, will help you fight back against victim-blaming allegations. We will work tirelessly to protect your good name and fight to get you all of the compensation you need after your life-changing car accident.
What’s the Time Limit for Filing a Texas Uber Accident Lawsuit?
Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for most Uber car accident lawsuits. The two-year window begins to run on the date of your accident or loved one’s wrongful death.
You’ll lose the right to demand compensation if you miss the deadline that applies to your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Galveston Uber Accident Lawyer
Your life can change instantly when you’re involved in an Uber accident. Fortunately, you may have the right to seek compensation from a negligent party and/or insurance company. The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers can help you take legal action and demand financial accountability from those responsible.
Our Galveston Uber accident lawyers offer the compassionate, effective legal representation you need and deserve.
We’ve won over $500 million (and counting) for our clients. Now we’re ready to help you fight for top results, too.
Contact our legal team in Galveston, TX, to get started by setting up a time for a free consultation now.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office In Galveston, TX
The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers
Our personal injury law firm in Galveston, TX, also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyer in Galveston, TX
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Galveston, TX
- Brain Injury Attorney in Galveston, TX
- Car Accident Attorneys in Galveston, TX
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Galveston, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Galveston, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Galveston, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Galveston, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Galveston, TX
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Galveston, TX
- Product Liability Attorney in Galveston, TX
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Galveston, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Galveston, TX
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Galveston, TX