Galveston Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were injured in an accident caused by someone else in Galveston, TX, you should call a Galveston personal injury lawyer at The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers.
You may be entitled to payment for your medical expenses, lost income, emotional trauma, pain, and more.
Our legal team has over 58 years of experience between us, and we’ve won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. We’d be proud to put our resources and experience to work for you.
Contact us at (409)-207-9299 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.
Why Should I Hire The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers To Handle My Personal Injury Case?
After sustaining an injury at the hands of another in Galveston, Texas, you deserve time to focus on your recovery. You shouldn’t have to learn personal injury law and how to navigate a legal claim. That’s what The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers is here for.
Our personal injury attorneys will skillfully handle your case from start to finish. We’ll keep you updated and ensure that you’re able to make educated decisions when necessary. When you hire our team, you’ll benefit from an attorney who is certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in both personal injury and civil trial law.
You’ll also have an experienced personal injury attorney in Galveston to:
- Investigate what caused your injury and identify the liable parties
- Collect evidence and consult leading experts to strengthen your case
- Identify every loss you sustained and calculate the fair value of your claim
- Engage in negotiations with insurance companies and other adversaries to settle your case
- Monitor the statute of limitations and protect your legal rights
- File a formal lawsuit and take your case to trial if we cannot reach a favorable settlement agreement
Call our Galveston law office today to schedule a free initial consultation with our experienced personal injury lawyers. We’ll discuss our legal services and how we can help you get back on your feet after your accident.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
You probably have a valid personal injury case if someone else caused you harm. Texas law gives you the right to hold the at-fault party responsible for the injuries and damages they caused.
The following examples may create a civil cause of action:
- A physician fails to review their patient’s medical history, resulting in a severe allergic reaction
- A truck driver’s reckless driving causes a catastrophic car accident, injuring several other motorists
- A business owner fails to repair damaged carpeting, causing a customer to trip and fall
- A worker sustains job-related injuries in the scope of their employment
- A defective consumer product injures a child (product liability)
- A family member is killed in a fatal pedestrian accident due to a drunk driver
- Another person’s dog bites someone on public property
Other scenarios can lead to a successful personal injury claim. The best way to determine whether you have the right to take legal action is by scheduling a free consultation to discuss what happened.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Personal injury victims in Galveston who hire an attorney usually recover more money than those who don’t. Lawyers are familiar with the claims process and know how to negotiate effectively with insurance adjusters and other attorneys.
Here are just a few advantages of hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer:
- It gives you time to rest. A legal claim takes considerable time, effort, and patience to handle. If you’re struggling with painful injuries and seeking medical treatment, it’ll be difficult to put energy into your legal matter. An attorney will take on this task for you so that you can focus on healing.
- An attorney will level the playing field. Insurance companies are in business to make money. That’s why they have vast teams and resources fighting claims. They want to pay as little as possible. An attorney will ensure they don’t take advantage of you.
- A lawyer can bring in leading experts when necessary. Some personal injury claims are complex. There may be technical or medical aspects that require expertise from a specialist or expert. An experienced attorney knows who to call when these issues arise.
- You’ll have protection from unfair allegations of blame. It’s common for defendants to blame victims for contributing to accidents. Why? They can limit or eliminate their liability. An attorney will protect you from unsubstantiated claims of shared fault.
To learn more about the benefits of hiring an injury attorney in Galveston, TX, schedule a free case evaluation with The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases
The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers can help with any type of personal injury claim. Below, we discuss some of our primary practice areas.
Galveston is a great place to live and visit. As a coastal resort city in Southeast Texas and a part of the Houston metropolitan area, it offers plenty to see and do. However, that means car accidents are bound to happen.
If you were injured in a collision, our Galveston car accident attorney can help you hold the at-fault party responsible. We’ll assess your damages and handle negotiations with insurance adjusters. We’ll protect you from low offers and ensure you take home the money you deserve.
Truck accidents can produce some of the worst injuries imaginable. Passenger cars are just no match for a semi-truck during a collision. If you were injured in a truck accident, you could be entitled to compensation from the trucking company and its insurers.
Our Galveston truck accident lawyers can help you seek compensation for all your damages and work to make you whole after your accident.
Motorcycles lack the safety features of passenger cars. Therefore, riders often suffer catastrophic injuries in a crash, even when they are wearing helmets. If you were in a motorcycle accident, the at-fault driver may owe you compensation for your medical bills and other damages.
Our Galveston motorcycle accident attorneys can help you identify your rights and options for holding the driver fully accountable for your losses.
In the most devastating situations, an accident can cause the untimely death of a victim. Texas law gives surviving family members the right to take legal action against the at-fault party by filing a wrongful death claim. Our Galveston wrongful death lawyers can help.
This will allow you to recover monetary damages for funeral and burial expenses, loss of support, and other losses.
Any type of accident can leave a victim with debilitating brain injuries. Head trauma can significantly impact your daily life, affecting your communication skills, memory, and motor functioning.
If you or a loved one sustained a traumatic brain injury due to someone else’s actions, you deserve compensation for its effects. You may require long-term treatment and lose income due to your injury. Our Galveston brain injury attorneys ensure you receive the medical care you need and fight for a financial recovery that will fully compensate you.
A workplace accident can occur in any type of setting, from an office to a dangerous construction site. If you suffered injuries on the job, you may be able to file a workers’ compensation claim and receive medical and lost wage benefits.
However, if your employer doesn’t carry workers’ comp coverage or a third party caused your injury, you can file a personal injury claim with the help of a Galveston workplace accident attorney. This will allow you to recover compensation for a broader range of losses, including pain and suffering.
And Other Personal Injury Cases
Our law firm also has experience handling cases involving:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Premises Liability Incidents
- Product liability
- Construction Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Dog Bites
- Catastrophic Injuries
If you were injured in these or other incidents, contact The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers for help.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Every personal injury claim presents a new and unique set of facts. Accordingly, there is no standard value, as each case must be individually evaluated.
When we’re putting a dollar value on your damages, we’ll ask the following questions:
- What types of injuries did you suffer, and how severe are they?
- How do your injuries impact your daily life, including your ability to earn a living and care for yourself?
- What is the value of your medical expenses, lost income, and other out-of-pocket costs?
- Did your actions contribute in any way to the accident? If so, to what extent?
- How do the accident and your injuries affect you physically and mentally?
- Has your quality of life been impacted?
Other factors – such as the parties involved and whether the accident is insured – will also play a role. We can provide a better idea of what your case is worth once we know more about your situation.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Accident in Texas?
Texas law implements a deadline – known as the statute of limitations – to file a personal injury lawsuit. Most people have two years from the accident date to take action. If you’re bringing a wrongful death claim, you have two years from the victim’s date of death.
There may be exceptions that provide less or more time to file your case. That’s why it’s essential to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney sooner rather than later. It takes time to gather evidence and assess damages. The more time your lawyer has to build a case, the better your outcome will be.
Contact our personal injury lawyers in Galveston to protect your rights.
What Damages Are Available to Galveston Accident Victims?
Personal injury victims in Galveston can pursue compensation for all losses stemming from their accidents and injuries. That includes economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are financial in nature and might include:
- Medical expenses for treatment, surgery, follow-up care, and more
- Future medical costs for rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost wages and job benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-economic damages represent the physical and psychological impact of an accident and injuries, and might include:
- Emotional distress
- Chronic pain
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability or impairment
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduced enjoyment of life
Some victims may also be entitled to punitive damages (also known as exemplary damages). Texas courts only award these in circumstances where the defendant’s conduct warrants punishment.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me After an Accident?
A personal injury lawyer is your best tool to maximize your compensation after an accident in Galveston, TX.
Here are some of the ways your attorney will help you with your personal injury case:
- Provide a free case assessment to listen to your story and learn about the injuries you’ve sustained
- Investigate the accident or incident that caused your injury and determine who is liable
- Collect evidence proving your case and consult experts when necessary
- Identify and calculate all of your damages, including future losses
- Monitor the statute of limitations and other deadlines in your case
- Negotiate with insurance companies and others and handle all documentation and communications
- File a personal injury lawsuit in Galveston County and represent you in court proceedings and at trial if applicable
A personal injury case has many moving parts and requires time and effort. Let an attorney who is familiar with the process take on the legal issues for you so that you can heal and rest.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Most personal injury lawyers in Galveston and throughout the Lone Star State work on a contingency fee basis. Under this arrangement, you do not have to pay an attorney anything upfront to start building your case. You only owe attorney’s fees if your lawyer receives money on your behalf in a successful settlement or trial.
The legal fees are deducted from your award. They’re typically between 33–40% but may be lower or higher depending on your case. We’ll ensure that we answer your questions regarding our contingency fee agreement so that you fully understand what to expect.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
You should take certain steps to protect yourself after an accident.
Doing the following will make it easier if you need to file a personal injury claim:
- Contact law enforcement. Some accidents, such as car crashes causing injury or death, must be reported to the police right away. However, even if you aren’t required to call 911, it’s always best to have a police report documenting what happened.
- Exchange information with other involved parties. For example, if a vehicle strikes you while you’re walking, you should exchange information with the driver. The police will gather this information for you if necessary.
- Gather evidence. If you’re physically able to do so, take photos and videos of the accident scene. Also, take down the contact information of any eyewitnesses present.
- Don’t apologize. Without thinking, many people often say “I’m sorry” or similar statements that can be taken out of context. Admitting fault or saying things like “I didn’t see you” can be used against you later. An investigation of the accident may reveal underlying causes that you were completely unaware of, so be careful what you say.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Do this even if you don’t think you’re injured. An accident may cause an adrenaline rush that prevents you from feeling your injuries. Additionally, you may have underlying issues that don’t manifest apparent symptoms. Seeing a medical care provider will protect your health and start a medical record proving that the accident caused your injuries.
You should also get legal advice from an experienced lawyer. You can ensure that you’ve met all obligations and determine whether you require representation.
Contact Our Experienced Galveston Personal Injury Lawyers For Legal Help
Were you injured in an accident in Galveston, TX? If so, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault party for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Our Galveston personal injury attorneys at The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help. We’ll provide a personalized approach to your case and protect your rights throughout the process.
We offer a free consultation to discuss how you were injured and your potential options for compensation. Call our personal injury law firm to schedule an appointment.
Local Emergency Rooms
- Hospitality Health ER – 4222 Seawall Blvd Galveston, TX 77550
- UTMB Health Emergency Room – 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 77555
*Disclaimer — we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.