Have you recently been injured in a traffic accident involving a bus in Friendswood, Texas? Don’t hesitate to reach out to the experienced attorneys at The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers. You have rights, including the opportunity to seek damages for your medical bills, lost income, and distress.
Our Friendswood bus accident lawyers are prepared to help you take on the bus service and its insurer and fight for a meaningful financial recovery.
Since 2000, we’ve provided crash victims in Friendswood with trustworthy, effective legal representation after life-changing accidents. Our award-winning Texas trial attorneys have 58 years of combined experience and an unparalleled ability to take on tough insurance companies and win. Our results are a testament to the work we do, with more than $500 million recovered in cases involving Friendswood truck accidents, uber accidents, Friendswood motorcycle accidents, catastrophic injuries, and more.
Don’t settle for less than you deserve after your bus accident. Put our trusted legal team in your corner to level the playing field. Contact our Friendswood, TX, law office today. Your first consultation is free. Call us at (281) 992-8633.
How The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Bus Accident in Friendswood, TX
Why did the bus accident happen? Is the bus driver solely at fault? Does someone else share responsibility for the collision? What do you need to prove to win your case? What evidence will be most helpful? How much should you be able to recover when you file an insurance claim or a lawsuit? What if you get blamed for the bus accident?
Let our accomplished Friendswood personal injury lawyers tackle these (and other) important issues for you.
Focus on recovering from your debilitating bus accident injuries while we:
- Launch a prompt independent investigation into your bus accident
- Seek medical records, accident reports, results of third-party investigations, photographs, black box data, GPS and cell phone data, dashcam footage, and other evidence through discovery
- Depose witnesses to your bus accident and other parties with insight into your case
- Enlist expert witnesses to consult on your case throughout the claims process
- Ensure your bus accident claim complies with all Texas state laws and procedural rules
- Rely on tried-and-true negotiation tactics to leverage a meaningful settlement offer on your behalf
- Bring your bus accident lawsuit to trial in Galveston County, TX, if necessary
When you choose The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers, you benefit from an award-winning team of litigators who have over 58 years of combined experience handling tough cases like yours. Let our Friendswood personal injury attorneys take on the bus company, its insurer, and other parties. Put our resources and insight to work for your benefit.
We represent bus accident victims on contingency, so there’s no cost to hire our law firm unless we win your case.
Contact our law office in Friendswood today to learn more. Your initial case assessment is free.
Texas Bus Accident Statistics
Buses offer a great way to avoid driving in and through the city of Friendswood. While traffic accidents involve buses less often than passenger vehicles, they’re still fairly common.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 689 bus accidents were reported in the state of Texas in 2022.
That’s roughly 1.9 bus accidents every day.
Bus accidents in Friendswood and across the Lone Star State can be serious. In 2022, bus accidents caused no fewer than 11 deaths and 638 injuries.
What’s My Friendswood Bus Accident Case Worth?
The potential value of your bus accident claim will depend on many factors.
- What types of injuries have you suffered?
- Have your injuries kept you out of work?
- Are your injuries catastrophic?
- What out-of-pocket expenses have you incurred?
- Was any property damaged in the bus accident?
- What have you done to mitigate your damages?
- How old are you?
- Has your quality of life changed? If so, how?
You can expect a higher recovery when your injuries are debilitating, prevent you from working, and adversely affect your ability to enjoy your life. The more serious your trauma, the more money you can potentially get through a settlement or jury verdict.
Research shows that plaintiffs who hire attorneys tend to win more in compensation than those who don’t. Increase the odds of a substantial recovery by enlisting the help of our experienced Friendswood bus accident attorneys. We’ve won more than $500 million for our clients. Now, we’re ready to help you seek the best possible result, too.
What Causes Most Bus Accidents in Friendswood, TX?
Whether you’re in a school bus accident, an accident involving a private charter bus, or another type of bus accident, they all tend to happen for the same reasons.
Some of the top causes of bus accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Unsafe passing
- Illegal turns
- Braking errors
- Stopping illegally
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Violating FMCSA bus regulations
- Drug and alcohol use
- Fatigued driving
- Following too closely
- Negligent bus maintenance
- Road defects
- Vehicle defects
Count on our legal team to dive into your case to figure out precisely why the bus accident happened.
Who’s Liable For My Bus Accident Injuries?
Liability for a bus accident in Friendswood, Texas, is shared by everyone who directly or indirectly contributed to the crash.
This might include a:
- Bus driver
- Bus company
- Government bus service
- Friendswood Independent School District (ISD)
- Driver of a passenger vehicle
- Bus passenger
- Vehicle manufacturer
- Employer of a negligent party
- Government agency responsible for road design and maintenance
- Bus mechanic
There are two ways in which a bus company could be liable for an accident involving one of its drivers. First, the bus service could be responsible for its own negligence relating to hiring, maintenance, or bus operations. Alternatively, the company could be vicariously liable for the negligence of its driver.
Our experienced bus accident lawyers in Friendswood will carefully evaluate the causes of your bus accident and determine who’s at fault. Once liability is known, we’ll work to hold each and every liable party accountable for your damages.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Bus Accident Victims in Friendswood, Texas?
Following a bus accident in Friendswood, you’ll generally be able to recover compensatory damages through an insurance claim or bus accident lawsuit.
Economic damages help to counter the financial losses you’ve experienced because of your bus accident, such as:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Nursing care
- Out-of-pocket costs
On the other hand, non-economic damages help you cope with harder-to-value trauma, like:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Punitive damages can also be sought if your bus accident lawsuit goes to trial. In Texas, punitive damages are permissible when there’s clear and convincing evidence of intentional miscount or gross negligence.
Can Shared Fault Impact My Bus Accident Settlement in Texas?
Yes. Texas is a modified comparative negligence state. As a result, sharing responsibility for a bus accident will limit or bar a financial recovery.
You can recover a limited financial award if you share some, but not more than 50 percent, of the blame for your bus accident. Damages are reduced proportionately.
You cannot recover compensation from another party if you are 51 percent or more at fault for your bus accident.
It’s important to anticipate victim-blaming tactics launched by the defense that could hurt your ability to recover compensation. The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers will be ready to counter these allegations and work to limit how much of an impact they have on your bus accident case.
Bus Accident Victims Can Experience Catastrophic Injuries
Our bus accident attorneys in Friendswood are here to help you pursue compensation for all of your injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Burn injury
- Amputation injury
- Degloving injury
- Chest injury
- Crushing injury
- Concussion injury
- Brain injury
- Eye injury
- Whiplash injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death of someone you love
Report your bus accident to the local police in Friendswood right away. Then, get to the closest emergency room for medical care. You may have suffered injuries, even if you aren’t exhibiting any symptoms. Many times, the rush of adrenaline you get from being in an accident can mask signs of trauma.
What is the Deadline For Filing a Bus Accident Lawsuit in Texas?
Following a bus accident in Friendswood, Texas, you’ll have a limited time to seek damages from an insurance company or at-fault party.
Typically, the statute of limitations for bus accident lawsuits is two years. However, there are exceptions.
You have to file your claim before the statute of limitations runs out. Once the time expires, you’ll no longer reserve the right to pursue compensation for your bus accident injuries and losses.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Friendswood Bus Accident Lawyer
You’ve been injured in a bus accident through little to no fault of your own. The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers can help you seek the monetary justice you need and deserve.
Our Friendswood bus accident lawyers have nearly six decades of combined experience handling complex personal injury disputes. We’ve led our clients to over $500 million in settlements and verdicts. Let us fight for you, too.
Contact our Friendswood, TX, law office to get started and schedule a free consultation.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office In Friendswood, TX
The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Personal Injury Lawyers
312 S. Friendswood Dr.
Friendswood, TX 77546
Phone: (281) 992-8633
Monday: 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Get Directions in Google Maps
Our personal injury law firm in Friendswood, TX, also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyer in Friendswood, TX
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Friendswood, TX
- Brain Injury Attorney in Friendswood, TX
- Car Accident Lawyer in Friendswood, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Friendswood, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Friendswood, TX
- Construction Accident Attorneys in Friendswood, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Friendswood, TX
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Friendswood, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Friendswood, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in lawyers in Friendswood, TX
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Friendswood, TX
- Product Liability Lawyer in Friendswood, TX
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Friendswood, TX
- Truck Accident Attorney in Friendswood, TX
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Friendswood, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Friendswood, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Friendswood, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Friendswood, TX