Have you suffered injuries because you were sold a product that was unreasonably dangerous or defective in Friendswood, Texas? Contact the award-winning legal team at The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd. Our Friendswood product liability lawyers can help you stand up to the manufacturer and fight to hold them accountable for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Since 2000, The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd has provided unrivaled legal representation to injured consumers and grieving families in Friendswood. As leaders in product liability litigation with 58+ years of combined experience, our top-rated Texas trial attorneys have secured over $500 million on behalf of deserving clients like you.
How The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd Can Help If You’ve Been Injured By a Defective Product in Friendswood, TX
It can be intimidating to sue a powerful corporation. However, you got hurt because a product it sold simply wasn’t safe. The company must be held accountable for the harm they’ve caused.
Fortunately, you’re not in this fight alone. Our Friendswood personal injury lawyers are here to help you get the best possible result in your product liability lawsuit.
Since our founding, we’ve earned a reputation for going above and beyond for our clients. When you turn to us for help, you’ll get the personalized, compassionate legal representation you deserve and benefit from our firm’s considerable resources and experience handling complex disputes like yours.
You’ll also have the time to focus on getting better while our team handles all aspects of your product liability case.
- Coordinate a thorough investigation into your case
- Gather evidence needed to prove that the product was defective and caused your injuries
- Consult industry specialists and experts as we calculate what your product liability claim might be worth
- Fight back against allegations that you weren’t using the product in a reasonably foreseeable way and other defense strategies
- Represent you during settlement negotiations with the manufacturer and its insurance company
- Litigate your product liability lawsuit at trial in front of a jury, if necessary
It’s easy to get stressed out as medical bills add up and you’re forced to miss time at work. You might even have to tap into your savings to make ends meet. Hiring an attorney to represent you shouldn’t add to the stress you’re under. At The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd, we work on contingency. Our product liability attorneys in Friendswood don’t get paid unless we win your case. End of story.
Give us a call or reach out to us online to learn more. We’re always here to help – 24/7/365.
Decades of Experience Handling All Types of Product Liability Cases in Friendswood
Any product has the potential to cause harm if it’s defective.
At The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd, our attorneys have 58+ years of combined experience advocating for clients who’ve been injured or lost close family members in product liability cases involving:
- High chairs
- Personal care products
- Heavy machinery
- Power tools
- Hand tools
- Household appliances
- Chemicals and pesticides
- Fireworks and explosives
- Airbags, brakes, and other vehicle components
- Medical devices and equipment
- Shotguns and firearms
You’ll have one opportunity to seek compensation after you’ve been injured by a defective product in Friendswood. Make the most of it by turning to our experienced product liability attorneys for help.
What is Product Liability?
There’s simply no way to regulate or inspect every single product that’s sold in the United States. So, to encourage companies to put safe products into the chain of commerce, states have passed laws that impose liability if a consumer is injured due to a product defect.
In Texas, product liability laws protect consumers who are injured when a product suffers from a design defect, manufacturing defect, or marketing defect.
When a company puts an unsafe product on the market, it can be strictly liable for resulting injuries. Strict liability means that liability attaches regardless of the degree of care the company exercised in making the product. If it’s defective and causes harm, the company is on the hook for resulting damages.
Three Types of Product Defects
There are three main types of product defects: design, manufacturing, and marketing.
- A design defect exists when a product is inherently unsafe, and the hazard cannot be repaired through manufacturing or testing. The danger exists because of the way the product is designed. Many times, design defects involve the use of unsafe ingredients or components.
- A manufacturing defect exists when a product is unsafe because of a problem that occurs during the manufacturing process. The product’s design is safe, but something goes wrong on the assembly line.
- A marketing defect, also known as failure to warn, exists when a product is unsafe because a company fails to disclose known dangers or risks associated with the use of a product. Many times, marketing defects are a result of inadequate testing or a company’s decision to bury poor test results.
A product liability lawsuit can be based on one or more of these types of defects. In some situations, product liability lawsuits can also be based on negligence and breach of warranty.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win a Product Liability Case?
Most product liability lawsuits are based on strict liability.
To win your case, you’ll have the burden of proving:
- The defendant designed, manufactured, and/or sold the product in question;
- The product suffered from a defect that made it unreasonably dangerous;
- You used the product as intended or in a reasonably foreseeable way; and
- You were injured because of that defect.
Depending on the type of defect involved, you may also have to establish that there was a reasonably safer way to design or manufacture the product.
What Damages Can I Get in a Texas Product Liability Lawsuit?
When you’re injured by a defective product in Friendswood, you reserve the right to sue the company that designed, sold, or manufactured the product. Your lawsuit can seek the recovery of both economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages help to make up for the verifiable monetary losses associated with your case, such as:
- Hospitalization, medical devices, prosthetics, surgery, medication, and other current medical expenses
- Future medical bills
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Property damage
- Diminished earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Nursing care
- Funeral expenses
Non-economic damages help to compensate for the pain and suffering you experience as a victim, such as:
- Chronic physical pain
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
Texas law also provides that punitive damages can be awarded in some situations. If your product liability lawsuit goes to trial, a jury could award punitive damages if there’s clear and convincing evidence of intentional misconduct or gross negligence. Many times, punitive damages are awarded when there’s proof that a company concealed risks associated with a product, falsified test results, or engaged in other fraudulent behavior.
Count on our product liability lawyers in Friendswood to seek all damages available to you under Texas state law.
Defective Products Can Cause Severe, Life-Threatening Injuries
Some injuries commonly associated with defective products include:
- Degloving injury
- Brain injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Eye injury
- Vision and hearing loss
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
Don’t delay seeking medical care if you’ve been injured because of a defective product. Get to the closest hospital in Friendswood, TX as soon as you can. Prompt attention to your injuries can help to ensure that you receive the proper treatment and that your injuries are fully documented. The sooner the trauma is documented, the stronger your legal claim for damages will be.
Is There a Time Limit for Filing a Product Liability Lawsuit in Texas?
Yes, Texas has a two-year statute of limitations that applies to most product liability lawsuits.
This gives you until the second anniversary of the date you suffered your injury or a loved one’s wrongful death to pursue compensation.
You’ll lose the right to recover damages if you allow the statute of limitations to expire without acting.
Protect yourself by reaching out to our skilled legal team in Friendswood as soon as you can after your accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Friendswood Product Liability Lawyer
Companies must be held accountable when their products are defective. If you’ve been injured because of an inherently unsafe product in Friendswood, Texas, it’s important to take action.
The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd can help.
Our Friendswood product liability attorneys have 58+ years of combined experience and a proven ability to take on powerful corporations and win big. Our results speak volumes, with over $500 million in settlements and jury awards recovered.
Now it’s time for you to benefit from our considerable experience, resources, and passion for justice. Call our law office in Friendswood, TX to get started by setting up a time for a free case evaluation today.